OnePlus won’t announce the OnePlus 2 tomorrow after all

Total
0
Shares

The first thing you learn when you’re a OnePlus fan is to get used to waiting unspecified amounts of time for news and new products. Those of you who were hoping that the Chinese companies big announcement tomorrow would be the OnePlus One’s successor, you’re going to be a bit disappointed. From the mouth of co-founder Carl Pei himself, the new smartphone, which he confirmed is called the OnePlus 2 and not the OnePlus Two, won’t be announced until Q3 2015. 

Chinese firm OnePlus is on the up-and-up: Its OnePlus One smartphone was well received by reviewers and users alike, and sales surpassed the company’s expectations by a long way. Co-founder Carl Pei has been chatting about his plans for the rest of 2015 — and it turns out you might have to wait a little longer for your OnePlus 2 than we previously thought. It is definitely the “OnePlus 2″ rather than the “OnePlus Two” Pei told AusDroid at Google I/O. He also said that while an event was scheduled for tomorrow (June 1), it won’t be the big reveal for the company’s next flagship phone — instead it’s going to appear in Q3 2015 (so July, August or September). The rumors are that tomorrow’s announcement could be related to a price cut for the OnePlus One, but Pei didn’t elaborate. He confirmed that the OnePlus 2 would come with the firm’s own OxygenOS software in Europe and the U.S., and that a HydrogenOS variant would be in place for Asian markets. Australians have yet to see OnePlus hardware on sale domestically, and Pei said that won’t change anytime soon — though he’d like to see it happen eventually.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Read the complete story.

You May Also Like